Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Orlando

We are home from our fabulous trip. Thanks to all of you who prayed, I had a ton of energy and so much fun the entire trip i want to refer you to April's Blog. Her description of all of it is so much better than I could have ever written:

http://chasingchaypril.blogspot.com/

I do want to highlight some special things about the trip. One was when I was in the train with Mckenzie on my lap and I looked forward and saw Bryon rubbing Joette's neck and shoulders with such love and tenderness.(She hurt her back the day before we left for the trip, and he was trying to comfort her.) He had no idea I was watching.

Another favorite was taking Mckenzie and AJ on my scooter and having them fall asleep in my arms.

Keith aways rubbing my neck or hugging me and asking me how I was doing.

And on the last night,just as I was going to bed...utterly exhausted and teary eyed that is was over...Bryon came into my bedroom and held me and thanked me for such a wonderful time. He also thanked me for being his mother and how proud I should be of the family that I had raised. We both cried. I told him what a great man he was...with so much love and compassion for those around him. He denied it...but it is so true.

And so these are the things about Orlando I will remember...How April, suffering from an MS episode stayed home the last night and helped clean up the house...her service to me. Joette helping to take care of the babies and being Taylors friend...Chay growing closer to Keith and Bryon. Dad growing closer to all of the kids. Mckenzie flirting with Taylor and Isaac...she just loved them. So many simple things touched my heart and I am so glad we spent the money and went. Gary and I am planning another trip soon to Radium Hot Springs and looking forward to the serenity of the Canadian Rockies. A friend just reminded me to make choices to LIVE. I am going to remind each of you. Life is short...fill it with family and service.

I started Chemo the day we got back and am having the gamma knife treatment this week. So this has been a rough week...but a dear friend is coming over to spend tomorrow with me as I go through this

3 Comments:

April said...

oh mom...I can do a lot even though my body isn't working right- I think Lorena cleaned the most- I felt bad because I went swimming the last night...I just wanted to hold on to the trip as long as I could. Mom I am praying for you. Thank you for teaching me the power of prayer.

Heather said...

What sweet memories! You are an amazing lady. I will call you soon, to see if there is anything that I can do for you. But in the mean time if you need anything please call. I know that April would love to be here helping you, so let me fill in for her, and then both of you can rest and get healthy again!

Julie Carr said...

Thank you for all you have done in my life I am a stonger person. You are a great example. I am so glad I came across your blog. My life has brought me to Alaska. What a wonderfull place. Love lots Julie Carr (Maughan)