Monday, June 16, 2008

It is So Beautiful Outside today!!!

The weather has finally gotten beautiful. I have been outside every chance I get. My yard is looking so much nicer than it ever has. I love my pond and flowers. Joette graduated Saturday morning. You'll have to go to her blog and read about her memorable experience...I laughed so hard on the way home when she told me about her cap and gown. We had a little get together for her Saturday night. Not a huge crowd...just a few of her close friends and the family. It was a lot of fun. I am so proud of her. She will probably go on to get her Masters Degree. I just wish it was not so expensive for her to continue.

It seems like everything is getting so costly especially since this gas crisis. I have learned to just take a deep breath and pray with a sincere heart. When I do this several times a day it removes the worry, as I feel God's love and trust He will take care of my family. He will take care of the future as He has the past...(from the song "Be still, My Soul")

I feel pretty good. I overdo it most days and need to take it easier, but it is so nice to be off of chemo and able to do a few more things. Last night I walked home from a friends house...I walked a good mile and up a steep hill!!! I feel pretty good about that. I used to walk 3 miles every day, and at one time 5, but since cancer and my back injury I have a terrible time moving the ol' bootee.

Oh, and hello Lindi!!! It was so good to hear from you and to know that you are doing well.
I think it is so cool when I hear from some of the kids I taught in seminary because of this blog!

1 Comment:

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

I'm glad to hear you are doing well. You are such a fighter. Give yourself a hug and know someone in Cali is thinking of you and your family.