Thursday, April 24, 2008

Long Time Friend

I am struggling with a problem that I don't have a clue what to do about, except to just let it go...which has never been my style. I had a friend that I corresponded via email for almost 6 years, and now that person will not receive email from me. It was wonderful to renew our childhood friendship. He actually helped me to sort out much of the abuse I endured as a child. I was under the impression I had helped him some, too. I had several spiritual experiences that made me feel certain that I was to share the gospel with him...but all of a sudden he up and closed the door without warning.

I don't understand. I am grateful, though, we had the time to talk to one another, and I hope he knows he was a great strength in building my realtionship with my husband and my brothers and sisters. I am still in Utah, and had a nice visit with my sister yesterday which would have never happened 6 years ago. Life is interesting. Heavenly Father brings people and experiences into our lives when we need to grow to become more like him. So to my friend...I will always be thankful our lives crossed again after so long a silence. I hope I don't have to waint another 30 years to hear from you again! God Bless You Always!!

1 Comment:

The Wright Stuff said...

I am not the type of person to just 'let it go' either, but I think we almost have to, in order to move on with our lives. I have a very dear friend that I was very close to, and then she moved away and now we never ever talk on the phone and emails are almost non existent. It breaks my heart to think that I did something to hurt her and she can't forgive me. I try not to let it get me down, but it's really hard, so I feel for you. A lot of people believe that we have friends put into our lives just 'for a season'... and that's how they live. For me, I have friends all over the place and it would break my heart to not have them as my friend, just because we're not in the same ward anymore. I don't know if this is making sense or not... I guess what I'm trying to say, is to just be grateful for the family and FRIENDS that we have and never pass up a chance to let them know how much they mean to us.