Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Heart Ache

I made it home today. It was so nice to have that extra week. We got most of the laundry room done, and it looks so nice. Chay just needs to build some shelves for food storage now.
April has this unique power to hope for something and then she receives it. She wanted cabinets for her laundry room, so she prayed and got free cabinets given to her. We painted them all and they look great. She hoped for a piano and we found her a really nice one free. Last night she heard from a woman who has a wooden fence, only a few years old in great condition, and they can have it free if they take it down. It is so cool to watch, as she pays her tithing and trusts God how he blesses her and her family.

Last night, we had family prayer downstairs where I always sleep when I go to her home. I was crying when they all came down, knowing how much I will miss them. McKenzie was concerned to see grandma cry. She asked me if I was sick. I told her "Yes, I have cancer, but that is not why I am crying. I am crying because my heart hurts because tomorrow i go back home on the airplane and I don't know when I will see you again." She patted my back and then left the room for a few minutes only to come back with a hat that I gave her over a year ago when I visited her home after having chemo. I wore that hat most of the time because I didn't have any hair, and when I left to fly home, I gave her the hat and asked that she not forget me. So, last night, with the hat in her hand she told me in unspoken words that she will never forget me, as she clutched the hat I had given her. April called tonight and said Mckenzie had asked about me all day. I sobbed and sobbed. She is so close to my heart. It is so hard to have her live so far away. The only advantage is that when I go to see April I have quality time with my grandkids and really feel like I get to know them. The grandkids that live near home come over for Sunday dinners and such, but we never seem to get together to just enjoy one another, except when we go camping. Anyway, I cried quite a bit today, and my heart still aches for two little girls. I would love to see my other grandkids real soon.

3 Comments:

Calie said...

What a tender time with Kenzie. So sweet.
Welcome home! I am sorry I wont be here untill Saturday. I am headed down for womens conference. See you when I get back. I love you and have missed you.

April said...

Mom we miss you already...I want to write a blog tribute to you but I want to post some pictures of your visit- but I am waiting for you to post them first on your blog...so post those darling pictures will ya?

I love you....oh and Mckenzie wants to type something for you...

hfhfrur7ttgt7f67uftufugutufutututuutututuutuututuututututututuigfhgjehtruyierjhirioyoiuiiikkyy rtn vrry5utuq5yrt86

Heather said...

I think that means that April needs to move back!!!!!

Glad you had a wonderful time!