Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mozart?


Chay and his dad drove all the way from SLC this weekend to pick up the piano that Keith inherited when he sold a house last month. April has wanted one for quite sometime. I told her how I got mine...by praying for one. We could not afford one at that time, and Gary's mom went to the Methodist Church minister in CDA and asked him about the piano she had give to the church 30 years earlier. The minister told her that if she could find the piano in the building, that she could have it back. She did, and to make a long story short, paid to have the insides restored and the ivory keys fixed and I redid the wood...and presto...we had a beautiful piano that my children played on growing up. Technically, our piano is Keith's and someday he will get it
as it was a birthday gift to him from grandma Tomblin. Joette fills our home with music on occasion and I just love it and although April will need need a little brush up practicing, she really does have loads of expression in her music It is a darling piano, and our prayers were answered again. I hope she thanks the source.

This weekend was "Time Out" for women and it was fabulous...especially Michael Mclain. he had several new songs and all of my favorites...and they seemed to strike me with an even greater impact than ever before. I do feel "Alone" and in need of a "Coming Light" more than ever before in my days since Cancer. Jeannie took me, and took care of me. What a terrific woman she is. I have never known anyone who serves so unselfishly. Jeannie...I Love You!!!
Take time to pray where you might serve today. One of my young woman, Lexie, wrote a poem that she dedicated to me and gave it to me, beautifully framed, at church this morning. It is so well written, and she is so talented. I wish I was as good as it made me sound.
God bless each of you...and thank you for your prayers that continue to sustain me!!!

1 Comment:

Heather said...

Hi EDK-- I love the piano, and I really enjoyed seeing you the other night. Sorry we forced you to stay, but we love you sooooo much!

Here is my blog:
www.heathershane.blogspot.com

you might have to copy and past it into your URL bar. or I think that you can click on my name up above and it should link you to one of my blogs. My photography blog is
www.heatherrocks1.blogspot.com
if you want to see some pictures of the kids. OK love ya!!!

Heather