Monday, March 24, 2008

Focus on what we can do and not on what we can't

A friend sent me this. Please watch and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnLVRQCjh8c

I had good news this week.My tumor markers are down to 24. That is the lowest that they have been since I got cancer. I will stay on the chemo for a couple of more rounds and then see where we go from there. I am cautiously optimistic. Last week I had bad headaches and felt pretty sick, but I think now it was just a flu bug of some kind.

My sister, Linda, had my daughter and her family over for Easter dinner, which made me so happy.I have had blessings from so many people, and truely I do not know where to start to pay them back. I am so thankful that Linda is so close to April and living in Ogden.. I have decided to keep looking for ways to serve in the best way I can. If these two kids can dance like they did, then certainly I can find a spot somewhere to do some good, and lift a life...maybe share some joy!! I can finish my granddaughters Easter dresses....they will only be a week or so late...but when all the other girls have shown off their new dresses, my granddaughters will have the latest new dresses! hahahaha!!!! I have made up my mind to do the most I can and not beat up myself for not doing everything I once could!

Spring is almost here and I am going to get to plant flowers again...I am sooooo excited!!

5 Comments:

April said...

I am excited to plant flowers too!

Mom of course there is a lot you can do! But you know what? You don't have to do anything and you would have the same worth in our Heavenly Father's eyes- you could be an invalid and breathing through a tube and never sew a dress again and you would still be wonderful and meaningful in this life. I love you Mom.

Calie said...

That is so amazing an wonderful that your markers are going down. Miracles happen all the time. You are one of them. You are a miracle in so many peoples lives. You are teaching us so much. I love you.

PS I am dreaming of your cobbler. thanks again for sharing that with us. :)

Heather said...

Hey--Ok Can I just tell you that your testimony of Christ, prayer, and the church is such a huge service for me and I know it is for a lot of people. I should look for ways in which I can pay you back!!!

I am so glad that things are going good for you! You looked so good the last time I saw you. Wow I just don't have words to express what it has meant to me...especially your faith. I love you.

Anonymous said...

edk,
I just heard of a cancer treatment method that has proven successful for a local woman. Keith can get the iside scoop through a gal in our office. Her name is Rae Smith. Have keith call me or find Rae through the office directory. It really seemed amazing based on this local womans circumstances.
Bless you!
Dorene

Marie said...

Hi EDK! I found your blog through Niki's then Calie's...I feel like I've just caught up with some old friends! I looked at April's and Joette's and saw your family picture. Your family is beautiful! I'm sorry to hear about April's MS and your fight with cancer and happy about reading that Gary gave you a blessing one night...you will be in my prayers - I'll ask for blessings for you but also - I will share gratitude for you and the good influence you have been in my life. Keep being...