Monday, June 02, 2008

Robert D. Hales

Sunday, Robert D. Hales was the Apostle that came to visit our Stake Conference and speak to us. He gave so much advise on living a joyful life and being blessed as we keep the commandments. He also talked about light and how as members living righteously, we carry that light with us wherever we go. Elder Merrill from the 70's came with him, and both meetings were so beautiful. I had a sweet exchange with Elder Hales on Saturday night. I found myself, upon leaving for home with him being right in front of me and nobody shaking his hand, so for a split moment, I thanked him for his beautiful thoughts and then told him I was just pronounced cancer free after almost 5 years of cancer and that I had been in stage 4 cancer. He asked me what kind and I told him. He looked at me and with the most genuine look of love told me to look for him in three years and tell him that I was still alive. Now, it was not a blessing, par say, but more like a promise that If I would look to serve where God wants me to I would live...at least for three more years. I really felt the spirit go right through me as he talked and counseled with me for those brief moments.

I keep asking the Lord what he would have me do each day of my life. Today I was sick all day. More or less exhausted and worried that my cancer is coming back. I cried a little, and prayed for some blessings I have been seeking in my life. I just hope I figure out my mission soon.

The yard is looking better all the time, and I hope I continue to have the strength to keep it up this year. I keep hoping Joette will choose to have her reception here. She is going to have her graduation party here. If it is a nice day, we will BBQ and enjoy the outdoors. God Bless You all!!!

3 Comments:

April said...

Mom- that is a beautiful experience with Elder Hales. You shook hands with an apostle! What an opportunity-

You are so hard on yourself Mom- can't you see it? You don't have to have this defined Mother Theresa type mission that sets some kind of mark on some sort of purpose of life meter- you are you. You are valuable because you were born- Waking up each morning and being here is accomplishing the mission. The spirit will guide you when you don't even know He is guiding you- just because you are striving to do what is right- it will all unfold beautifully-

The Wright Stuff said...

You are so lucky! Thank you for sharing! And thank you for being you. You touch the lives of so many people, many of whom I'm sure will never let you know what you have done for them. You are serving people through your example. I love that you were able to talk with Elder Hales. What a wonderful experience.

Calie said...

wow thats amazing! I ditto everything April and Jaynee have said to you.