Friday, April 11, 2008

Remember to Give Thanks

I am thankful for:

The Savior
My testimony
Prayer
The General Authorities
The last three days of sunshine
My wonderful husband
lifelong friends
New friends
My children
my grandchildren
My Cancer Doctor
Modern Medicine
My senses
Love
all of nature
gifts from God
the ability to work(I painted my bathroom this week...hurray)
sleep
kind words
forgiveness
good food
chocolate chip cookies
color
laughter
tears
sadness
joy
honesty
those you can rely on
Jeannie's model of service
our car
airplanes
my computer
the telephone
my home
the view from our front porch
the view from our deck
water
being pain free
hugging and being hugged
the success of my two sons in raising righteous families as priesthood holders
my daughter in-laws
flowers
animals
silent times of contemplation
household items that make life easier
my heating pad
feet that don't hurt
the ability to walk
camera's
pictures
Spring
my brothers and sisters
members of the church
the ability to make choices
the USA
Idaho
Newman Lake
I could probably go on for another hour or so. When I prayed tonight, the thought came to me to be thankful and to express it outloud. We are all so blessed. Thank you Heavenly Father

2 Comments:

The Wright Stuff said...

EDK, I was just talking to my Grandma about being thankful today. We were talking about the hymn "Count your many blessings"... how ironic that I just looked at your blog and what do you know? You did it! To touch on one of your previous entries about you debating blogging anymore, I have to say that I have loved reading your blog for the past year or more. I have read it since you sent me an email telling me that you have one!! LOL You have strengthened my testimony time and time again. I love that you share what is in your heart. You do not say too much on your blog. You will probably never know how much you have affected the lives of those who read it. You are an amazing woman. I am so thankful for you in my life. I am a lucky girl to know Edie Kaye! Keep up the blog! I love it! We need to go to lunch!!!! I'm so happy to hear that your counts are ALMOST normal! :) Love you!

Unknown said...

MOM! DONT FORGET CHAY!